Monday, September 12, 2011

MFNW 2011 Reviews: Archers of Loaf, Butthole Surfers, Kylesa, Off!, Dirty Mittens, Youth, Wild Ones



This weekend Musicfest Northwest took over Portland and my life and it was a beautiful thing. I reviewed seven bands for The Oregonian in three posts:

Dirty Mittens
Archers of Loaf, Butthole Surfers, Kylesa
Wild Ones, Youth, Off!

Best discovery of the festival? Wild Ones. I had heard some good things about this local indie rock band and they blew me away. Their singer has a fantastic voice and the whole band brings the passion in a way I really like to see. Biggest let down? Butthole Surfers. I know they're experimental and all that, but I'm just not sure they were really checked in for this gig.

Past coverage of MFNW on simmantics:
2010
2009
2008

Image: Butthole Surfers, courtesy MFNW.

No comments:

Post a Comment