Monday, February 7, 2011

Get Bent

Picture 1
Strangely, I've written a couple of articles lately involving the verb "to bend." I made my first great local music discovery of the year writing an Oregonian review of the first night of the Portland Oregon Hip-Hop Festival (which also happened to be my 27th birthday) in the form of Rose Bent, a group fronted by three female MCs and backed by live instrumentation. I also had fun at the second night of the festival, although nothing got bent.

Then, just a couple of weeks later, also for The Oregonian, I wrote a preview for the Slabtown Bender, which was definitely the most impressive event put on by the venue since it assumed its current ownership 4 years ago. Now, I just need to get assigned something Futurama-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment