Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Psychology of Booze & Guilt

gall
Since I wasn't able to review the great new album from local madman Professor Gall for The Oregonian, I wrote a live review of his CD release show last Friday.

I had put off seeing Professor Gall for a long time, because while I liked the spirit of his 2006 album, Intravenous Delusion, I thought it was a bit scattered and loose. While the The Psychology of Booze & Guilt isn't perfect, the occasional awkward vocal phrase doesn't interfere with the flow of a very creative, dark, fun jazz/rock record.

And the live show didn't disappoint! In fact, I'd say Professor Gall is one of the best live acts in town. The band has such presence that you really feel like you're seeing a show in some shack on a southern highway.

Professor Gall's next Portland show is Friday, March 26th at Dante's.

No comments:

Post a Comment