Saturday, June 27, 2009

99% Dancing

guidencecounselor
Day one of Superfest, Portland's new all-ages electronic pop fest which I wrote about for The Oregonian, is wrapping up right about now and I'm...at home...blogging. I'm saving it all for tomorrow, OK!? I'm going to need it, because according to Manny Reyes of Atole's Facebook updates, tonight was pretty crazy. My favorite update so far was "COPY was sooo Good, 99% dancing crowd, AMAZING!!"

The fest was covered by all three Portland newspapers with significant music coverage, so I knew it would be well-attended, and with the lineup stacked the way it is, I told my friends John and Jewel yesterday that "only a complete square would not have fun at this," but "99% dancing"? Wow. I can't wait for tomorrow. I'll be there at 7:30 on the dot to see Mattress kick it off.

I'll leave you with this promotional video for Superfest, which is what made me want to write about it.

Superfest! from Audio Dregs Recordings on Vimeo.


Image: Guidance Counselor entertaining the kids in a strangely day-lit Rotture. From Atole's Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment