Saturday, January 10, 2009

Simms on Canzano

uni
It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. I mean, I've gotten away with a lot of silly things, like tricking a local musician into a date in the guise of an interview and there's that whole fisting thing and the time I tried to become a stripper. But why did my downfall have to take place in front of the entire Portland Trail Blazers and about 30 or so members of the media on a day when there's already a Blazers media circus?

Well, that last part is pretty fortunate, actually. If you're going to screw up, make sure it's a big enough screw up to make it news worthy. I'll let John Canzano of 95.5 The Game explain this for me. This aired yesterday. Be sure to keep listening until I call in and explain myself and what English, baby! was doing there.

I now present one of the official "top five goofy moments in Blazer practice history!"



Oh, and here's the sort of video Canzano was asking for.

7 comments:

  1. Simms,
    I would have paid to have witnessed that! Way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.

    In general, Sports takes itself way too seriously. So, kudos on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he called you a geek. what a dick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! And the guy from 95.5 was totally on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats awesome! i just met canzano last wednesday at the blazers game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait what? I don't get it. What did you do? You stripped? So confused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stripped down to the uniform in the picture and tried to play basketball with Nicolas Batum. Batum was down with it, the PR staff was not.

    ReplyDelete