Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Met Jared Leto

It's true. We ran into him at the Silk Market where you can buy anything from fake designer jeans (wearing my $20 "7 for All Mankind" right now) to jade Buddhas. He looked away for most of the time we were filming him, but we got his pretty face on camera for a second. I told him I loved My So Called Life and American Psycho, forgetting that he was fucking PREFONTAINE and I was dressed in a track outfit. My teammates and I used to watch that movie to get pumped before cross country meets.

He was on my plane on the way home too, but up in first class and I didn't get a chance to talk to him again. At the market he had a Chinese chick with him, but on the plane he was alone. He was, however, wearing the exact China shirt I bought for my dad (a red polo with "CHINA" on the back and "Beijing 2008" on the front).

7 comments:

  1. Was the chinese chick with him
    like a pick up girlfriend LOL or just his travel guide and translator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, there's really no way to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky. Was he nice to you or said something? I know he doesn't like cameras around, maybe he felt a bit uncomfortable.
    He's always been really nice to me, that's why I'm asking =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was definitely nice. We talked a little bit about what events we had seen. He turned away from the camera and I didn't think we actually got any footage of him till I saw the final edit.

    Do you run into him frequently, Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering. Yes, I've seen him a couple times, I'm a big fan of his band 30 Seconds to Mars and when they have a show I usually talk to him. He's a great guy, makes sure everyone has their autograph and photo taken, though he always says he prefers to have a normal conversation than just signing papers.

    By the way, nice video =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your video on a Japanese site, about your Chinese blog, about Jared Leto lol. Small world isn't it? I love the guy, he was always sweet to me and my friends over the many years [30STM fans] and it's nice to see a bit of candid video. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I can't believe the shennanigan's you have been up to!! Hell yeah, RAD AMERICA goes to china!!

    ReplyDelete