Sunday, March 2, 2008

OK Human

genghis
My faith is restored. Sometimes a music critic just needs to write 1000 words about a band he or she thinks is really important and exciting in order to have faith in the world again.

So God bless Michael Byrne and his City Paper of Baltimore for giving me the pleasure of writing this feature on electro-metal trio Genghis Tron. I got to be pretentious and academic and play with pace and use a little poetry. It’s doubtful that you’ll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, but give it a shot anyway.

I recently cut all the fluff from my freelance assignments, picked up a few more hours at another gig, and am now doing my best to only write about things I care about. I think the change and my new habit of reading the Bible will make for one healthy soul.

Photo: Press shot of Genghis T0rn.

No comments:

Post a Comment