Thursday, September 6, 2007

Junkface: Spokane, Bozeman, Mt. Rushmore

junkface1
So this music blog I used to write for, localcut.com, has a lot of rad tour diaries. Well, actually, I don’t know if I can say that with authority. See, I’ve probably read less than a tenth of tour diaries posted there. I just don’t have time for a novel (by anyone except Nick Jaina, who is a genius).

So the other night while at a show at the Green House, which everyone knows is where Randy and Ryan from Junkface live, I came up with this bitchin’ short attention-span-friendly tour diary concept. I am going to talk to a member of Junkface on the phone for one minute each day of their tour and post our conversations here. Below are the first three.

I apologize for the sound quality on this initial set. I have it figured out now and the rest of the installments of Junkface’s three-week tour will be crystal clear.

Day 2: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 8:42 pm.
A sleepless Randy tells of the band’s adventures in Spokane, Washington and how hard it was to get out of town.


Day 3: Wednesday, September 5, 7:19 pm.
Ryan checks in to say that Junkface pretty much sold out an arena in Bozeman, Montana.


Day 4: Thursday, September 6, 5:58 pm.
Ryan calls to ruin your image of Mount Rushmore


On the next installment: How far will Kyle’s car make it? Will his family come out to see his band in Minneapolis, or will they long for his days as a famous person, drumming for the Hippos (fact)? Will Randy ever get some zzz’s? Stay tuned to find out!

Hey! If you don’t know who Junkface is, check ‘em out.

Photo: Jason Quigley

1 comment: