Thursday, September 20, 2007

Junkface: Kalamazoo, Columbus, Tizoli, NYC

ryan
After Randy’s phone cut out last time I talked to him, the thing was dead. And it stayed dead. I finally had to call Carlos from Deer or the Doe and get him to put Ryan from Junkface on the phone to catch up on a few days that we had missed.

Day 9: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I, for one, am real glad I’m way over here on the West Coast. Sounds like some crazy shit has been going down for these guys out East. For instance, the boys ran into the Sasquatch in Kalamazoo, Michigan.



Day 10: Wednesday, September 12, 2007
The dudes got a chance to see ex-Junior Private Detective vocalist/Tranquilazer bassist/my one true love Emilie Strange in Columbus, Ohio. It was the debut show of her new band called…Ohio.



Days 11 and 12: Thursday and Friday, September 13 and 14, 2007
A bona-fide haunting went down in Tizoli, New York.



Day 13: Saturday, September 15, 2007
Within minutes of arriving in New York, Deer or the Doe bassist Clint realized his dream of becoming a drag queen. Around this point I started to wonder if Ryan was pulling my leg. You decide!



Photo: Ryan holding a credit card in his mouth while playing keys. He commonly uses a credit card as a bass pick. By Sound on the Sound.

1 comment:

  1. Boo to Emilie Strange! Still your meanest column of all time. :(

    ReplyDelete